Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Goa (pre-31st)

It all started with "would u like to meet Renuka on 31st". I was a bit surprised cos i was sure that he knew she was in Goa. The msg was discarded in mirth only to be followed by another one which said "serious". I gotta admit I was a bit appalled cos if this guy was to be believed it would mean we wer heading for oh-my-sweet-lord Goaaaaaaaa.
Soon kiran confirmed my wildest dream n after a few phone calls (Moiz n Shetty joined in) we decided that Goa was "ON”. It is important to note that by the time we were sure of this odyssey 31st was just a couple of days away so Buses/train/my-dad-cant-afford-flights were out of question. So after much arbitration and on unanimous verdict Bike was chosen as the preferred mode of transportation.
So on 30th dec 8.00 PM we set forth with this innocent faith that our world shall never go wrong and our perseverance shall payoff. I soon realized perseverance when stretched too far (read 626 Kms) gets you in a deep malaise and faith is just like chewing bubble gum over an arithmetic problem and waiting for an answer, .We stopped at every 60-70 kms n changed places (plz don’t ask y). At this juncture i would like to thank my friends for not allowing me to drive infact if my memory serves me right these were the exact words "I rather drive the whole distance than sit behind you n pray for our survival". Moiz..u cut me deep man..real deeeep:-)
Our pre departure planning of making a halt at Kirans company in chiplun(around 250 kms from Mumbai) was cancelled cos we were damn too excited n wanted to drive through the night. It still makes me proud that we did but the credit goes to these brave men whom history shall always regard as the epitome of wild adventure and intestinal fortitude.

No comments: